Wednesday, May 11, 2011

First Post!

So, this is my first official post.  I started this Blog months ago, forgot about it at times, and at others just didn't have time to post.  However, more and more I'm meeting new parents and having parents referred to me for help and suggestions on what to do with their food allergic child, or just a child who doesn't seem to be doing quite well, or seems a little 'abnormal' but no one can put their finger on it.  


I would like to say I'm not a doctor, or a nurse, or a nutritionist.  I definitely don't know everything.  Though, we are beginning to seek out alternatives treatments for our little guy.   Because Duncan was a premie we have always taken a lot of care to keep his pediatrician and allergist in the loop and have them be actively involved in his care.  I will also say we have been extraordinarily blessed to have the fantastic doctors that we currently have to help us care for Duncan.  Not everyone is so lucky. 

I hope through this Blog we can share some of our experiences that might be helpful to others and even possibly help educate people who just want to learn more about severe allergies and how they impact day to day life not just for the person with the allergy, but for everyone and everything that's around.

Happy Reading!  I hope this blog will be helpful.  Ultimately it will document part of our journey that will give our little Duncan a window into his past from our perspective. 








No comments:

Post a Comment